How to make a difference in an animals life by volunteering …
The animals at Animal House Shelter are always in need of your help! If you can afford one hour of your time, you could make a large difference in the life of an animal. You can fill out the volunteer application on the ‘Online Application’ page on our website and then stop on in anytime (all 7 days of the week between 11am-7pm).
****You need to have tennis shoes or some sort of “closed-toe” shoes that cover your entire feet while volunteering at AHS.****
As long as you are 16 or older (no exceptions please) you are welcome to come to the shelter any time between the hours of 11am-7pm everyday to volunteer. You will need to bring in a waiver EACH DAY THAT YOU COME IN dated for that day and signed by a parent if you are under the age of eighteen.
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent at all times.
Feel free to plan on staying the day, if you would like! Just be sure to bring a lunch or snack and also remember that working with animals can be dirty, so dress accordingly and also dress appropriately for the weather.
There is nothing more you need to do to volunteer, it is that simple! Just come on in and we’ll handle the rest.
Listed below are just a few things that volunteers can do at the shelter:
- Walk and socialize with the dogs
- Bathe/groom dogs
- Spend quality one-on-one time with the animals to help socialize them and teach them tricks! (puppies, kittens & cats too)
- Spend time in the ‘Free Roam’ Cat Room to socialize, help groom or otherwise, just help to make their lives more comfortable during their stay here
More Volunteer Opportunities:
- Help with fundraising events–look on our Upcoming Events page and just give us a call or email if you can help at any of the scheduled events
- Share ideas on fundraising and special donation drives
- Create advertising material to help get the shelter recognized within a larger community radius
- Help pass out newsletters , brochures and donation cans around your community to get the animals more exposure. (You can stop by the shelter and pick them up anytime)
- Volunteer for Off-site Adoption Events (you can call the shelter for more information on adoption events)
- Gather bedding, cleaning supplies and other items from our ‘wish list’ in your community, for the animals and shelter
- Hold a drive at your school or in your community for things listed on our ‘wish list’
- Are you not able to adopt at this time? Consider offering one of the most rewarding things ever! A chance at life… Become a Licensed Foster Home today! Foster Care enables us to rescue animals that may have otherwise been euthanized due to their age, injury or health status. Animals in need of foster care often include Pregnant/nursing animals, animals recovering from surgery/injuries or dogs undergoing heartworm treatment.
Anything else you can think of? We are willing to work with you and any ideas you have! Come join our committees of dedicated volunteers who strive to make a difference in our community.
For more information on volunteering opportunities contact
To fill out the volunteer application online click on the link below which will take you to the Online Application Page.
Volunteer Waiver of Claims